$6.7B Shiba burned by Vitalik Buterin as a reward to the generous hodlers

In an act of generosity for “dog token communities”, Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin burned almost half of Shiba’s Supply.

Share

Vitalik Buterin burned almost half of the supply of the newly popular Dogecoin-like token known as Shiba Inu (SHIB). Mr. Buterin explained the reason behind the burning of $6.7B worth of Shiba tokens in an embedded statement in a transaction on Sunday:

“I’ve actually been impressed by how the dog token communities have treated the recent donations! Plenty of dog people have shown their generosity and their willingness to not just focus on their own profits but also be interested in making the world as a whole better. I support all who are earnestly doing that.”

The canine-themed coins were in vogue lately, among them was the most well-known Dogecoin which was mainly promoted by Elon Musk through his tweets. Shiba Inu is another dog-themed coin which experienced a major pump in its value in just a few days recently but the bull run for such coins was suddenly terminated by Vitalik Buterin’s liquidation of trillions of tokens on Wednesday when he decided to burn them and donate the profits to charity. The tokens were given to him as gifts from Shiba Inu creators.

Buterin said that he wanted to burn 90% of the tokens and donate the remaining 10% to charities like Crypto relief which supports covid-19 relief financially via donations they receive in crypto. He did this for his own good. First of all, having so much coin would pose security threats for him as well as triggering some rumors regarding his future connections with this coin.

And he doesn’t wish to receive any more donations from people as Vitalik thinks this would put him in the center of people’s attention and directs the power somehow to him in which he isn’t interested.

Categories

Cryptocurrency(5)

Latest News

Shiba Inu wallet waitlist hits 1.6 and Robinood COO hails this

1.6 million people are in a queue for Robinhood's crypto wallet as pressure rises on this company to list one of the market's most popular memecoins. ...

NOV 10, 2021

BlockFi files for a Bitcoin ETF with physical backing

The Securities and Exchange Commission's decision on VanEck's proposal for a spot Bitcoin ETF is set to be made on November 14th. ...

NOV 08, 2021

Brazilian federal deputy proposes cryptocurrency as a payment option for workers

Goulart's plan calls for the passage of a new legislation that would provide all Brazilian employees the option to receive their payment in cryptocurrency from ...

NOV 07, 2021

Enjin tends to spend a new $100M to decentralize its metaverse

The fund will be dedicated to building the Efinity blockchain, focusing on seed equity investments. ...

NOV 04, 2021

Tags

Vitalik Buterin

Shiba Inu

Tags

Vitalik Buterin

Shiba Inu